Here are some helpful moving resources links:
- Moving Guides and Checklists:
2. Moving Cost Calculators:
3. Moving Supplies:
4. Truck Rental Companies and container companies:
5. Government Resources:
6. Realtor.com: https://www.realtor.com/ - A website that provides information on real estate listings, home values, and other information related to buying or selling a home.
7. Zillow.com: https://www.zillow.com/ - A website that offers a wide range of information on homes, including listings, home values, and mortgage rates.
8. HomeAdvisor.com: https://www.homeadvisor.com/ - A website that helps you find local professionals for a variety of home services, including moving companies, cleaning services, and contractors.
9. Move.org: https://www.move.org/ - A website that offers a variety of tools and resources for planning a move, including moving checklists, reviews of moving companies, and cost calculators.
10. MyMove.com: https://www.mymove.com/ - A website that provides a range of resources for moving, including moving checklists, packing tips, and a search tool for finding a moving company.
11. U.S. Postal Service: https://www.usps.com/ - The official website of the United States Postal Service, which provides information on mail forwarding, change of address forms, and other resources related to moving.
12. ConsumerAffairs.com: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/ - A website that offers reviews and ratings of moving companies and other businesses, as well as tips for avoiding scams and other issues.
13. City-Data.com: https://www.city-data.com/ - A website that provides detailed information on cities and neighborhoods, including crime rates, demographics, and other useful data for people who are moving.
14. Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps - A web mapping service that helps you plan your route and get directions for your move, as well as find local businesses and other points of interest in your new area.
15. Yelp.com: https://www.yelp.com/ - A website that provides reviews and ratings of local businesses, including moving companies, storage facilities, and other services you may need during your move.
Helpful Norfolk VA city and neighborhood links:
- Norfolk City Website: The official website for the City of Norfolk, providing information on city services, government agencies, and community events. (Link: https://www.norfolk.gov/)
- Visit Norfolk: The official tourism website for the city, providing information on attractions, events, and things to do in Norfolk. (Link: https://www.visitnorfolk.com/)
- Norfolk Chamber of Commerce: A business organization that promotes economic growth and development in the area. (Link: https://www.hamptonroadschamber.com/norfolk)
- Norfolk Public Schools: The official website for Norfolk Public Schools, providing information on schools, programs, and resources for students and families. (Link: https://www.npsk12.com/)
- Norfolk International Airport: The official website for Norfolk International Airport, providing information on flights, airlines, and services. (Link: https://www.norfolkairport.com/)
- The Tide Light Rail: A public transportation system in Norfolk that connects the downtown area with other parts of the city. (Link: https://gohrt.com/services/the-tide/)
- Virginia Port Authority: The official website for the Virginia Port Authority, providing information on the ports and maritime industry in the area. (Link: https://www.portofvirginia.com/)
- Naval Station Norfolk: The largest naval base in the world, located in Norfolk, providing information on the Navy and military presence in the area. (Link: https://www.cnic.navy.mil/regions/cnrma/installations/ns_norfolk.html)
- Chrysler Museum of Art: A museum in Norfolk featuring a collection of art from around the world. (Link: https://www.chrysler.org/)
- Norfolk Botanical Garden: A botanical garden in Norfolk showcasing a variety of plants and gardens. (Link: https://norfolkbotanicalgarden.org/)
- Downtown Norfolk: The heart of the city, featuring a bustling commercial and cultural center with shops, restaurants, theaters, and museums. (Link: https://www.visitnorfolk.com/plan-your-trip/downtown-norfolk/)
- Ghent: A historic and diverse neighborhood with tree-lined streets, historic homes, and a mix of shops, restaurants, and cultural attractions. (Link: https://www.visitnorfolk.com/plan-your-trip/ghent/)
- Ocean View: A coastal neighborhood located on the Chesapeake Bay with a long stretch of beach and scenic views of the water. (Link: https://www.visitnorfolk.com/plan-your-trip/ocean-view/)
- East Beach: A waterfront community located on the Chesapeake Bay with a mix of residential homes, shops, and restaurants. (Link: https://eastbeachnorfolk.com/)
- Park Place: A diverse and historic neighborhood with a mix of residential homes, shops, and restaurants. (Link: https://www.norfolk.gov/2669/Park-Place)
- Berkley: A historic neighborhood located in the western part of the city with a mix of residential homes and commercial businesses. (Link: https://www.norfolk.gov/2642/Berkley)
- Larchmont-Edgewater: A residential neighborhood located on the Lafayette River with a mix of historic homes, parks, and water access. (Link: https://www.norfolk.gov/2674/Larchmont-Edgewater