Our Veterans can help you with every type of military moving scenario. Most service members are going to be doing a PCS move (Permanent change of station) or a TDY move (Temporary duty).If its a PPM move (Personally procured move) or DITY move (Do it yourself move) we have the experience and connections to make your military move go smoothly. After all, who better to hire out of all the military moving companies in Norfolk than than the military Veterans moving company who have been there and done that?
We can provide a truck for your military move or we can help you get a discounted price on U-haul, Penske or Budget truck rentals. We work with these companies frequently and they offer us rates much lower than you would be able to negotiate.
Now once you have your rental truck, there is no one better at loading and unloading than our experienced and hardworking Veterans. We are experts at damage prevention and know how to stack the truck to maximize every square inch of space.
The huge advantage of hiring the Veterans moving company is that we have been there and done that when it comes to military moving. Other military moving companies just don't have the experience that we have as we do as former service members. We also fully understand how it feels to get PCS orders to a place you are happy to go to or maybe not so happy to go to. You may even have questions about whether or not you can change your orders. Please click the link here to find out about changing orders. https://www.activedutypassiveincome.com/blog/change-pcs-orders/
One important decision facing you when you get PCS orders is whether you want to use the government movers assigned to you by the military or whether you want to move yourself via a DITY (Do-it-yourself) move. There are pros and cons to each but the main reason service members forgo the government movers is because they lose control. Having someone else in control of your possessions and being on their schedule when you are moving is not desirable for some service members.
If your military move is a local move, we can transport your household goods to your new address and assemble and place everything where you like. If the military move is a long distance move that you prefer to drive yourself, we have a nationwide network of moving laborers to assist you. They carefully help you unload and happily assist you with furniture placement and reassembly of beds.
We are a full service long distance moving company. As such we can load, transport and unload your household goods to any place in the United States. We take the empty truck to the nearest truck weight station to have it weighed and we re-weigh it. Military Transportation offices will require certified scales weight tickets in order to pay service members for PPM or DITY moves.
These links below provide a wealth of information and resources to help service members and their families prepare for a PCS.
- https://www.militaryonesource.mil/moving-and-deployment/pcs-process: This link provides information on the PCS process, including what to expect, how to prepare, and resources available to service members and their families.
- https://www.move.mil/: This is the official website of the Defense Personal Property Program (DP3), which manages the moving and transportation of personal property for service members during a PCS. The website provides information on the process, including how to prepare, what to expect, and how to file a claim.
- https://www.militaryhomefront.dod.mil/portal/category/100120: This link takes you to the Military Homefront website, which provides information on all aspects of military life, including PCS. The website provides resources and information on housing, education, childcare, and more.
- https://www.military.com/pcs: This is a website that provides information and resources for service members and their families preparing for a PCS. The website includes articles on the PCS process, checklists, and a directory of moving companies that have been vetted by the military.
- https://www.dfas.mil/militarymembers/pcs/pcs-checklist/: This is the official website of the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), which provides financial support to military service members. This page provides a checklist of things service members and their families should do before, during, and after a PCS.